This conference will certainly be different than other conferences. Below is some important information that will help you navigate the conference like a pro.
- All conference sessions will take place on Zoom. If you do not have the Zoom app on your computer, get it today. If you prefer, you can also access Zoom via an internet browser.
- Zoom just released an update last week and you should make sure that your Zoom is updated BEFORE the conference starts. Here’s some easy to follow steps on how to update your Zoom app.
Accessing the Sessions
- All the Zoom links for the sessions will be in the Online Program.
- All sessions times are Eastern Time.
- Join Now buttons will be available 5 – 10 minutes before the sessions begin. You DO NOT have to be logged in to the Online Program to access the Join Now buttons. If you created a profile in the online program for a personalized schedule, that login/pw is not needed to actually access the sessions. The only thing you need to access the sessions is the personalized password you received.
- Regardless of your role, everyone will access the sessions via the Join Now buttons. There are no special links for speakers or presenters.
- You will need a password join the sessions. Your password was emailed out to you on Monday, November 16th in an email with the subject line: NTA Annual Conference: Your Personalized Password and Other Important Information. If you have not received this email (please check spam and junk folders), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your password will be the same for the entire conference. It is personalized, though, and cannot be shared.
During the Sessions
- All the concurrent sessions will set up as Zoom meetings. That means that you will be able to see and talk to other attendees and panelists, just as you would in a in-person session.
- All the plenaries, keynotes and other special events will be set up as Zoom webinars. That means that you will not be able to see anyone but the presenters. Questions/comments will be submitted via the chat box.
- For concurrent sessions: there will be Tech Staff in the background for all sessions. That person will start the session and will make the chair of the session a co-host so the chair can run the session. Presenters will be able to share their screen for slides. Here’s a link that will help you know how to share your screen.
- Please review the Participant Guidelines for the timing of sessions and other important info.
Sometimes technology doesn’t cooperate. Here are some common issues that might befall during the conference that you quickly fix!
I don’t see the Join Now buttons!
My password isn’t working!
Please confirm that you are using your personalized password, it is case sensitive. If that still isn’t working, please try clearing the cache in your browser or updating your Zoom software. Please don’t copy and paste the password – type it. When you copy and paste it, you can include extra spaces that will make it a different password. Type it, please!
I didn’t get my password!
If you registered and paid in full, you should have received your password in an email on Monday from NTA. If you did not receive this email and you have checked your spam and junk mail folders, please email email@example.com.
- Please keep your microphone muted when you are not speaking.
- If you have a question or comment during a session, please use the Zoom ‘Raise Your Hand’ feature. and wait for the session chair to call on you.
- When in sessions, please share your camera so it best mimics the feel of an in-person session.
- Please act in a manner that is in accordance with NTA’s Code of Conduct.